domingo, 4 de diciembre de 2011

Dios es nuestro unico tesoro

"Some times I wonder if God is really aware of what is going on, despite the fact that I believe by faith that He is GOD. My life changed 360 in a matter of days, my mom got diagnosed with cancer, no human cure known, me and my family had to move a new place so different from our country, I left dear friends behind, left school which I loved so much. I asked God many times "What are you doing? Don't you see that my mom is suffering?", I felt guilty of asking God questions, but I just really wanted to know if He still was up there taking care of us. I came across this verse in Habakkuk and it blew out my mind, I found a partner in the Bible!
Habakkuk is a prophetic book and is like a dialogue between God and the prophet (wouldn't that be awesome!). The prophet was worried for the moral decay that Judah was experiencing, he was deeply troubled and wondered why a powerful God didn't do anything about it. Here's our God's amazing reply:

“Look among the nations, and see;
wonder and be astounded.
For I am doing a work in your days
that you would not believe if told.
Habakkuk 1:5

"Wonder and be astounded! God was doing amazing works in Judah even though Habakkuk couldn't see them, they were so marvelous that even if he was told exactly what God was doing it was simply too much, far from what our limited minds can handle. This dialogue with God changed Habakkuk life forever, in his book he turns from a forlorn and sad prophet who questions God to one who rejoices in Him in the midst of afflictions and blesses His name."

"What a comfort it is for me that God KNOWS what he is doing with my life and my family, it is just too amazing that my small, tiny, brain can't comprehend. Ain't that exciting to know that God is working something big in us? I just cant wait to know what it is, but I'll have to be patient :p. God is doing amazing works in everyone of us, even when the darkest shadows seem to take over our life. Because of Christ who died in the cross for my sins I can say like Habakkuk:"

"Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
.yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
f I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me h tread on my i high places."

(Habakkuk 3:17-19)

Malisa Castro

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario