miércoles, 16 de febrero de 2011

Esta bien levantar las manos en la adoracion

"I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands." Psalm 63:4

"Why do I worship with hands raised? Because like one who surrenders to a higher authority, I yield to Gods will and ways to summit to his guidance and power and porpuse in my life. It is my way of saying, God I am yours to do with as you please."

"Because like one who expresses utter vulnerability, I say to the lord; I have nothing to hide. I come to you open handed, concealing nothing. My life is yours to search and sanctify. Im holding nothing back. My heart, soul, spirit, body and will are an open book to you."

"Because like one who needs help, I confess my utter dependancy on God for everything. I cry out; O God I entrust my life to you. If you dont take hold and uplift me, i will surely sink into the abiss of sin and death. I rely on your strenght alone. Preserve me, sustain me, Deliver me."

"Because like one who happily and expectantly recieves a give from another, i declare to the lord; Father i greatfully embrace all you want to give. I'm a spiritual beggar. I have nothing to offer other than my need for all that you are for me in jesus. So glorifly yourself be satisfying me wholly in you alone."

"Because like one who aspires to direct atention away from myself to the savior, i say; O God yours is the glory, yours is the majesty, yours is the power."

"Because as a beloved of God, i say tenderly and intimately to the lover of my soul; Abba, hold me, protect me, reveal your heart to me, I am yours. You are mine. Draw near and enable me to know and fell the afection in your heart for this one sinfull soul."

"For those many years that i keep my hands rigidly at my side of safely tuck away in the pocket of my pands, i knew that no one would take notice of my worship of God. No one would dare mistake me for a fanatic. I felt in control, dignified, sophisticated, and above all else safe. These maters no more to me."

"Please understand; This are not words of condemnation but confession. I know no ones heart but my one. I judge no one motives but mine. I'm not telling you how to worship but simply sharing how i do it and why. Im at that point in life where i honestly couldn't care less what the inmovable evangelical is thinking or the crazy charismatic is feeling. What matters to me is that God have my all; my mind, will, feet, eyes, ears, toung, heart, afections and yes my hands."

"No, you dont need to raise your hands to worship God. But why wouldn't you want to?"

Sam Storms,"More precious than gold; 50 daily meditations on the psalms",Crossway,2009.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario