sábado, 26 de febrero de 2011

Devocion a Dios

“I have come to understand that I am not the author of my own story. My narrative is being penned by one who is the definition of all that is wise, loving, pure, true and good. But since I am in the story but not the author of the story I am often called to wait. I wish I could say that I wait well but I don’t. I wish I could say that I never question your wisdom but I do. So, lord Once more I ask for the grace to wait, not only so I can get what I’m waiting for but so that I will become what you what me to become as I wait."

Paul Tripp, Broken down house, shepherds press.2009.p110

“When God draws us to himself, he is not calling us to develop some separate dimension of our lifes called spirituality. No, he is calling us offer to him every aspect and every dimension of our lives to him; Living as if he really is at the center of everything we are and have. True spirituality is not about doing a bunch of new things. True spirituality is about doing everything with a new purpose and because of this new purpose, in a new way. True spirituality is about summiting to God what in the past I had always keep back for myself. It is about realizing that his grace rescues me precisely by motivating and empowering me to live a life of devotion to Him.”

Paul Tripp, Broken down house, shepherds press.2009.p90

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario